Absolutely delicious and so easy. Tonight I will add a thin layer of whipped cream topped with raspberries and drizzled with Chambord liqueur . Yum!
Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Tart
A shortbread cookie crust serves as the base of this luscious Strawberry-Chocolate Truffle Tart where the bright red gems crown the top of a chocolaty layer.
More From Coastal Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 12 ounces 55% to 60% bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 pounds small strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Press cookie mixture into an ungreased 9-inch tart pan. Bake 7 to 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 2. Heat cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat until hot but not boiling. Remove from heat; add chocolate, stirring until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract. Pour chocolate filling into tart shell, and set aside until cool but not completely firm.
- 3. Cut tops from strawberries. Arrange berries, cut sides down, on top of chocolate filling. Chill tart until firm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note