Great summer salad. I didn't have any basil, so I used a little chopped up rosemary and it was a great substitute, Will definitely make this again and again.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck and Caroline Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup bottled poppy-seed dressing
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Stir together poppy-seed dressing, minced green onions, chopped fresh basil, and freshly ground pepper in a large bowl. Fold in chicken and strawberries; add salt to taste. Cover and chill 2 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note