Great summer salad. I didn't have any basil, so I used a little chopped up rosemary and it was a great substitute, Will definitely make this again and again.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
Strawberry Chicken Salad is the quintessential spring salad, celebrating the sweet taste of the season with fresh strawberries and fresh-from-the-garden basil.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup bottled poppy-seed dressing
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Stir together poppy-seed dressing, minced green onions, chopped fresh basil, and freshly ground pepper in a large bowl. Fold in chicken and strawberries; add salt to taste. Cover and chill 2 hours. Stir in pecans just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note