I made this using Peach balsamic vinegar and served it during Spring, with lamb loin chops and fresh asparagus. It was outstanding!
Strawberry Caprese Salad
Celebrate the sweet taste of spring with Strawberry Caprese Salad. Fresh basil, strawberries, and mini balls of mozzarella dot this fresh salad. Serve Strawberry Caprese Salad over fresh arugula or as an appetizer with toasted French bread baguette slices.
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 50 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (8-oz.) tub fresh small mozzarella cheese balls
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- Garnish: thinly sliced fresh basil
- Whisk together white balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, brown sugar, salt, and freshly ground pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved. Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth. Add 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil and mozzarella cheese balls; toss to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours. Stir in strawberries; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over fresh arugula or as an appetizer with toasted French bread baguette slices. Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note