This was so refreshing and delicious!! Substituted a peach for the nectarine because I couldn't find one, and didn't use the goat cheese because none of my boys would touch it if I did. The only downside was it got watery. Next time I plan to seed the tomatoes first which might help some.
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck and Caroline Cunningham
More From Southern Living
Total: 35 Minutes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 nectarine, diced
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-oz.) French bread baguette
- 1 (10.5-oz.) goat cheese log, softened
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together strawberries, nectarine, grape tomatoes, basil, minced shallot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, freshly ground pepper, and salt.
- 2. Split baguette in half; cut each half crosswise into 4 equal pieces. Spread cut sides of bread with goat cheese. Place bread pieces on a baking sheet, and bake 13 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from oven, and top with strawberry mixture. Cut into 2-inch slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers