Rich shortcake makes this one a winner!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 + 4 T cup(s) sugar
- 4 cup(s) strawberries and blueberries chopped and rinsed
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 tablespoon(s) butter cut into small pieces
- 1 pint(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/4 cup(s) candied ginger
- 1/2 cup(s) pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 400. With rack in center of oven. Line large baking sheet with parchment. In bowl,toss friut with1/4 C. sugar. Whisk flour, 1/4 C sugar,.baking powder and salt. Mix in butter, until makes fine crumbs, like cornmeal.Stir in 3/4 C. cream.May add 1/2 C. toasted pecans to dough. Turn out dough onto a floured surface, and knead twice,, pat into a 3x9 inch rectangle. Cut dough diagonally into 3 squares. Cut each square into 2 triangles, making 6 biscuits. Transfer to the baking sheet. Brush tops with cream. Bake until lightly browned, about 15 minutes. Also, when making whipped cream, add candied ginger to the whipped cream.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JaneBixby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry/Blueberry Shortcake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts