- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add jalapeño, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes. Stir in lime juice.
Stir together strawberries and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add vinegar mixture, and stir to coat. Serve immediately, or refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days.