Use 1/4 cup chopped basil instead of pepper. Delicious
Strawberry-Black Pepper Sorbet
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 93
- Calories from fat: 3%
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 23.4g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 2mg
- Calcium: 17mg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coarsely crushed black peppercorns
- 6 cups sliced strawberries (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in peppercorns; let stand 20 minutes.
- Drain sugar syrup through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard solids. Place half of sugar syrup, half of sliced strawberries, and fresh lemon juice in a blender, and process until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a bowl. Repeat the procedure with remaining sugar syrup and sliced strawberries.
- Pour mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container; cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note