Photo: Robbie Caponetto
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 6 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring 6 cups water and pineapple to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil leaves. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Process pineapple mixture and strawberries in a blender, in 3 batches, until smooth. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in lemon juice. Serve over ice, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note