Strawberry-Basil Ice Cream
- 1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1 (16-oz.) container fresh strawberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
Whisk together first 6 ingredients; cover and chill 2 hours.
Meanwhile, pulse strawberries, basil, and lemon juice in a food processor 5 or 6 times or until finely chopped. Stir strawberry mixture into chilled milk mixture.
Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and freeze 30 minutes.
Transfer mixture to an airtight container or a loaf pan covered tightly with aluminum foil; freeze 3 to 4 hours or until firm.