Amazing! Made as written. Very bright and creamy. The basil adds a subtle, yet delicious supporting note to the strawberry and lime flavors.
Strawberry-Basil Frozen Yogurt
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck and Caroline Cunningham
Garnish this refreshing dessert with basil sprigs.
Yield: Makes about 1 qt.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 50 Minutes
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1. Stir together strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pulse strawberry mixture, basil, and lime zest in a food processor 9 to 10 times or until berries are finely chopped (almost pureed), stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- 2. Whisk together yogurt and cream in a medium bowl until smooth; stir strawberry mixture into yogurt mixture until well blended. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 3. Pour strawberry mixture into freezer container of a 1 1/2-qt. electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times may vary.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts