This cake is amazing! My husband said this may be the best cake he's ever had. Followed the recipe exactly except using 1.5 packets of Splenda instead of sugar for the strawberries. Definitely a keeper!
Strawberry Angel Cake
Although this angel food confection looks devilishly rich, it's actually much lighter in calories than other cakes. Pile it high with strawberries and almonds for a dessert that you will never forget.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 203
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 33.5g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 214mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons evaporated skim milk
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10-inch) round angel food cake
- 3 tablespoons triple sec (orange-flavored liqueur) or orange juice, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) tub frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine strawberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; cover and let stand 1 hour. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, milk, and cream cheese in a medium bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Cut cake horizontally into 3 layers using a serrated knife; place bottom layer, cut side up, on a serving plate. Brush with 1 tablespoon liqueur, and spread half of cream cheese mixture over cake. Spoon one-third of strawberries over cream cheese mixture using a slotted spoon. Repeat layers, ending with cake and liqueur. Spread whipped topping over top and sides of cake. Cover; chill 30 minutes. Arrange remaining strawberries on top of cake before serving; sprinkle with almonds.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note