This easy dessert is perfect for making ahead and putting in the freezer. You'll want to have it on hand when an unexpected guest (or craving) shows up.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 123
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 22.5g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 0.3mg
- Sodium: 36mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 2 cups strawberry sorbet
- 3 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup amaretti cookie crumbs (about 8 cookies) or reduced-fat vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- 1/2 (1-ounce) square bittersweet chocolate, coarsely grated
- 2 cups strawberries
- Press sorbet into bottom and up sides of a chilled 5-cup salad mold or bowl. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Place ice cream in a bowl; gently fold in cookie crumbs, amaretto, and grated chocolate. Spoon ice cream mixture into center of sorbet. Cover and freeze until firm.
- Dip mold into hot water for a few seconds. Place a plate upside down on top of mold, and invert onto plate. Garnish bombe with strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry-Amaretti Bombe Recipe at a Glance