This was really good! I liked that the dressing was flavorful without a lot of oil. I added some feta and cucumber and served it with fresh bread. It was gobbled up!
Strawberry-Almond Salad with Basil-Balsamic Vinaigrette
The vinaigrette used to dress this salad adds a tang and sweetness to the crunchy almonds and juicy strawberries.
Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 8.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 29mg
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Fiber: 4.8g
- Calcium: 96mg
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots (about 2)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 8 cups baby gourmet greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries, sliced
- Process first 6 ingredients in a blender until blended. Stir in basil.
- Combine greens and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing, and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This