I made this for Easter and it was a hit! Not only did it taste delicious, it looked so professional! Many of my guests asked where I bought it! Definitely would make again!
Strawberry-Almond Cream Tart
Nestled in a creamy filling and crumbly graham cracker crust, strawberries—one of spring's sweetest, brightest flavors—shine in this delectable tart.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 4.1g
- Carbohydrate: 38.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 176mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 36 honey graham crackers (9 sheets)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons water
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup (about 5 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 cups small fresh strawberries, hulled and divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. To prepare crust, place crackers in a food processor; process until crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, butter, and 4 teaspoons water; pulse just until moist. Place cracker mixture in a 9-inch round removable-bottom tart pan lightly coated with cooking spray, pressing into bottom and up sides of pan to 3/4 inch. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. To prepare filling, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, and extracts in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bottom of tart shell.
- 4. To prepare topping, place 2 cups strawberries in food processor, and process until smooth. Combine strawberry puree, 2/3 cup sugar, and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium heat; stir with a whisk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; cook 1 minute. Remove glaze from heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 5. Combine the remaining 4 cups strawberries and juice; toss to coat. Arrange berries, bottoms up, in a circular pattern over filling. Spoon half of glaze evenly over berries (reserve remaining glaze for another use). Sprinkle nuts around edge. Cover and chill 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Strawberry-Almond Cream Tart Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Desserts