Fresh, easy, and delicious. It reminds me of a crustless cheesecake. It's one of my favorite go to summer time sweet things.
Strawberries with Fromage Blanc and Lemon Honey
Fromage blanc is like sour cream, only thicker and silkier—and it's terrific with strawberries. In the book, we show how to make your own, but you can find fromage blanc at most well-stocked supermarkets.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 263
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Protein: 5.3g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 6.8g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 351mg
- Cholesterol: 44mg
- 1 1/4 cups (about 9 oz.) fromage blanc
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 pts. strawberries, preferably small
- 1/2 cup honey
- Finely shredded zest of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1. Whisk together fromage blanc and cream in a small bowl until very smooth. Divide among 6 shallow bowls.
- 2. Set aside 6 to 12 small, perfect berries. Hull remaining berries and halve or quarter lengthwise if large. Scatter over fromage blanc.
- 3. Combine honey and lemon zest in a glass measuring cup and microwave until beginning to bubble, about 30 seconds. Let cool 5 minutes.
- 4. Drizzle warm honey over berries and fromage blanc. Top each bowl with 1 or 2 reserved berries.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This