this is delicious! The recipe is perfect for 3 guests; I decrease the amount of sugars in the strawberry sauce to 2 Tbsp of each granulated sugar and brown sugar and it is still very good; I also decrease the sour cream to 3/4 cup (and you can use plain yogurt as a substitution if desired)
Strawberries Romanoff Pancakes With Brown Sugar-Sour Cream Sauce
"Romanoff" is defined as a dessert of strawberries soaked in orange juice and liqueur and topped with whipped cream. Our spin is a sauce inspired by the simple idea of dipping berries in sour cream, then brown sugar, and eating immediately.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 2 (16-oz.) containers fresh strawberries, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Angela's Pancakes
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients. Cover and let stand 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, stir together sour cream and brown sugar. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 3. Stack pancakes on individual plates. Top with strawberry mixture, and dollop with sour cream mixture. Serve immediately.
- *Orange juice may be substituted.
- Reinvent leftovers: To make a wonderful shake, puree remaining strawberry mixture in a blender. Add vanilla ice cream and milk, and blend to desired thickness.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note