Made for guests and it was very tasty. I think the sugar could be reduced on the berries and in the cream.
Cointreau is a clear liqueur with an intense orange flavor. Its presence here--along with real whipping cream--makes this dessert truly authentic. If you would rather not use alcohol, substitute orange juice.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 139
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Fat: 1.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33.7g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 10mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 3 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Combine the strawberries, granulated sugar, and Cointreau in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Combine the whipping cream and powdered sugar in a small bowl, and beat with a mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon 3/4 cup strawberry mixture into each of 4 dessert bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipping cream mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note