Ridiculously good. I make it every time I can get my hands on halfway decent strawberries. Works excellently in company and flying solo simple. Great for people with a sweet tooth who want to nix the ice cream.
Strawberries in Meyer Lemon Syrup
Meyer lemons, available through May, have sweeter, more aromatic juice than regular lemons. To ensure the dessert doesn't get too tart if substituting regular lemon juice, begin with 2 tablespoons juice, and taste; add more juice if desired. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 157
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 27g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 7mg
- Calcium: 37mg
- 4 cups quartered small strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1. Place berries, juice, and sugar in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill 20 minutes.
- 2. Place cream in a medium bowl; stir constantly with a whisk until soft peaks form. Serve whipped cream with berry mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note