Strawberries À La Mode
- 1 quart whole strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons Triple Sec or other orange-flavored liqueur
- 1/4 cup vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Place strawberries in a large colander; submerge colander in cold water several times until berries are free of any excess debris. Drain berries. Reserve 6 pretty berries. Hull and coarsely slice remaining berries.
- Place sliced strawberries in a shallow 2-quart bowl. Combine sugar, brandy, and Triple Sec; pour over berries. Cover bowl tightly, and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Combine vanilla ice cream and raspberry sherbet; stir into berry mixture. Spoon into individual serving bowls. Dollop each serving with whipped cream, and garnish with reserved whole strawberries.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note