- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- calories 296
- caloriesfromfat 35 %
- fat 11.4 g
- satfat 5.2 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 14.5 g
- carbohydrate 34.9 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 602 mg
- calcium 276 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine first four ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add milk mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes or until mixture simmers, stirring constantly. Cook 2 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Cover.
Place asparagus on jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° 10 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
Cook both pastas according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
Place pastas and asparagus in a large bowl. Add cheese mixture, tossing well. Add truffle oil and pepper; toss gently. Serve immediately.