I absolutely LOVE this strata. Everyone does. Even our kids devour it.
Strata Milano with Gorgonzola
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cathy Muir
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 287
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 34g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 739mg
- Calcium: 252mg
- 2 bacon slices
- 3 1/4 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Gorgonzola cheese or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups diced plum tomato
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf sourdough French bread baguette, cut into 1-inch slices and toasted
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- Rosemary sprigs (optional)
- Cook bacon in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; crumble and set aside.
- Combine milk and next 5 ingredients (milk through eggs); stir with a whisk until well-blended. Combine the bacon, tomato, onion, and rosemary. Arrange half of the bread slices in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon half of tomato mixture evenly over bread slices. Pour half of milk mixture over tomato mixture. Repeat procedure with remaining bread, tomato mixture, and milk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and cheese. Cover; chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Uncover; bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch