- 2 qts. reduced-sodium chicken broth or homemade chicken broth*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fine semolina
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, finely grated (2/3 cup)
- 12 ounces broccoli rabe (rapini), flowers and greens only
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 88
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 9.3 g
- fat 3.7 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- carbohydrate 5 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 717 mg
- cholesterol 84 mg
How to Make It
In a medium saucepan, bring broth and garlic to a simmer. Cover and cook 15 to 20 minutes. Discard garlic. Set aside 1/2 cup broth. Taste broth in pan and add salt if you like.
Beat eggs in a bowl and stir in reserved 1/2 cup broth, the semolina, and parmesan.
Add broccoli rabe to broth. Simmer until tender but still bright green, 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly pour in egg mixture. Turn off heat and stir back and forth very slowly until little "rags" form. Add pepper to taste.
*For a recipe, see sunset.com/chickenbroth.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.