From Eating Well May/June 2011
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cup(s) angel hair pasta broken in 2 inch pieces
- 2 cup(s) 1 inch green bean pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 cup(s) asiago cheese finely shredded
- 2 scallions
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pasta pieces and cook, stirring, until toasted and browned in spots, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add green beans, onion and garlic and cook, stirring until the green beans are beginning to soften, 3-5 minutes. Add tomatoes, corn, oregano, and cook, stirring until the tomatoes are just beginning to break down, 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth, salt and the toasted pasta, bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the pasta is tender and most of the broth is absorbed, about 10 minutes. Server topped with cheese and scallions, with lime wedges on the side.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lec2003 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note