Bring a taste of the ocean into your home with our casual Stovetop Clambake. Lobsters, clams, mussels, and shrimp combine with sausage, corn, and potatoes for a true one-pot meal.
More From Coastal Living
- 2 (1-pound) live lobsters
- Shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning or seafood seasoning
- 2 pounds small new potatoes
- 3 yellow onions, quartered
- 2 garlic bulbs, halved crosswise
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked or spicy sausage, sliced diagonally
- 3 dozen clams, scrubbed
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed and cut into thirds
- 1 pound unpeeled medium raw shrimp
- Melted butter
- Lemon wedges
- French bread
- Garnish: fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1. Place lobsters in freezer 60 minutes before cooking. Add 1 to 2 inches water and 3 tablespoons shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning in the bottom of a 16- to 20-quart stockpot. Add steamer basket with legs that raise basket about 1 to 2 inches above bottom of pot, and bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Place potatoes, onions, garlic, and sausage in basket; cover and steam 5 to 6 minutes.
- 3. Place lobsters on top of potatoes; cover and steam 10 minutes. Place clams and mussels on lobsters. Cover and steam 5 minutes. Place corn and shrimp on shellfish; cover and steam 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are pink and shellfish open. (Discard any that do not.)
- 4. Remove ingredients from pot with tongs and a small colander, and place on a serving platter. Serve with melted butter, lemon wedges, French bread, and additional shrimp-and-crab boil seasoning. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note