Wow! I absolutely loved this! I tried the suggested rotisserie chicken, and I'll be honest.. I'm horrible at cutting up a chicken! haha! So, if you're new to it like me, I'd suggest just buying chicken breasts. Even after the chicken disaster, I LOVED it! Definitely something to try!
Stovetop Chicken Pie
A family-size rotisserie chicken yields the perfect amount of chopped cooked chicken for this recipe.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
More From Southern Living
- 8 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 (0.7-oz.) envelope Italian dressing mix (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients; cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in peas, and cook 2 minutes. Spoon chicken mixture over hot split biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes