This recipe was easy to prepare and yummy, yummy, yummy. I used only the white meat from a Costco rotisserie chicken (leftover from the previous night's dinner) and there was plenty of meat in the dish. I followed the recipe exactly as written, with the exception I used canned biscuits instead of frozen because that's what I had on hand. I will definitely keep this recipe in my monthly rotation, even if I don't have leftover chicken.
Stovetop Chicken Pie
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
- 8 frozen buttermilk biscuits
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 (8-oz.) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 (0.7-oz.) envelope Italian dressing mix (about 2 tsp.)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden. Add mushrooms, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken and next 5 ingredients; cook, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Stir in peas, and cook 2 minutes. Spoon chicken mixture over hot split biscuits.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes