Stollen made with Rapid Rise Yeast
Community Recipe from
- 2 envelope(s) Rapid rise yeast
- 4 1/2 cup(s) flour, divided 2 cups and 2 1/2
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) mace
- 3/4 cup(s) 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 or more cup(s) dried fruits
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 3/4 cup(s) almonds
- 3 eggs beaten
- Mix yeast, 2 cups flour, salt, cinnamon and mace together.
- Heat to scalding: milk, 1/2 stick butter, brown sugar,and water. Let cool to 120 degrees. Add this to the dry ingredients with the 3 beaten eggs in the food processor. Mix to form a dough.
- Remove and beat in remaining 2 1/2 cups flour and knead for 3 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. melted butter, dried fruits, raisins and almonds. Knead to mix. Let rest covered for 10 minutes. Shape into loaves and cover. Let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes if 3 loaves and 45 minutes if 2 loaves. When cool, sprinkle with confestioners sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pamjamandmore and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes