Stollen made with Rapid Rise Yeast
Makes 3 small loaves or 2 large. Fruit can be any dried fruit. I like to mix prunes, cranberries, apricots etc.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 envelope(s) Rapid rise yeast
- 4 1/2 cup(s) flour, divided 2 cups and 2 1/2
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) mace
- 3/4 cup(s) 2% or whole milk
- 1/2 stick(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 or more cup(s) dried fruits
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 3/4 cup(s) almonds
- 3 eggs beaten
- Mix yeast, 2 cups flour, salt, cinnamon and mace together.
- Heat to scalding: milk, 1/2 stick butter, brown sugar,and water. Let cool to 120 degrees. Add this to the dry ingredients with the 3 beaten eggs in the food processor. Mix to form a dough.
- Remove and beat in remaining 2 1/2 cups flour and knead for 3 minutes. Add 2 Tbsp. melted butter, dried fruits, raisins and almonds. Knead to mix. Let rest covered for 10 minutes. Shape into loaves and cover. Let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes if 3 loaves and 45 minutes if 2 loaves. When cool, sprinkle with confestioners sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pamjamandmore and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note