Stir Fry Broccoli with Bacon and Cashews
- 12 slice(s) lean bacon, cut into small pieces
- Soy Sauce Mixture
- 2 tablespoon(s) oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chinese rice wine
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) chicken stock
- Broccoli, Nuts and Fruits
- 2 tablespoon(s) cooking oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic, very finely minced
- 3/4 cup(s) cashews
- 2 cup(s) broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins
- 1 teaspoon(s) cornstarch stirred into 1 tablespoon water
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- In a skillet on the stovetop, cook the bacon pieces. Use a slotted spoon to put the cooked bacon onto a plate that is lined with a couple paper towels to absorb any fat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, make a sauce using the oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon rice wine, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, black pepper and cup chicken stock. Mix all together.
- Using a wok or fry pan, heat the pan on high heat and add the oil. Add the garlic, then the cashews and the broccoli. Stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, and raisins, stir and cover for 2-3 minutes, until tender. Add the cornstarch and water. Stir in to the juices and return to a boil until thickened. Stir in the cooked bacon pieces and the orange pieces. Serve hot with rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note