Stir Fried Turkey in Lettuce Wraps
Everyday Food:The Light Issue Wraps can be served as sandwiches by tucking them into a split, scooped out baguette. Fish sauce can be found in the international section of most supermarkets.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 large head(s) Bibb, Boston, or iceberg lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 teaspoon(s) fish sauce
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1 pound(s) ground turkey (93% lean)
- 1 small jalapeno or serrano chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 4 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, fish sauce, and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves. Set sauce aside.
- 2. Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat skillet. Add shallot, ginger, garlic, and chile and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add turkey and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until almost cooked through, 5 minutes. Add half the sauce to skillet and stir until meat is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Serve in lettuce leaves with remaining sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note