The recipe as it was written was just OK - a little on the bland side as others have noted. I needed to increase the peanut sauce and soy sauce by about 50%, but it was still a little lacking. Next time, I will add some minced fresh ginger and garlic, and a bit of red chili paste. Also, maybe try a different peanut sauce - more of a satay sauce (the one I had was a marinade). Also, I made this in a ss skillet and the tofu really stuck. Need to use nonstick.
Stir-Fried Tofu and Spring Greens with Peanut Sauce
Bottled Thai peanut sauce is a handy standby. Here we use it to jazz up an otherwise simple combination of tofu and vegetables. Complete the meal with a platter of red and green bell pepper strips, sliced cucumbers, and carrot sticks.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 444
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 20.7g
- Carbohydrate: 59.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 647mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- 1 (16-ounce) package extrafirm tofu
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 3 1/2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 1 cup julienne-cut yellow squash
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups trimmed watercress
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 cups hot cooked soba (about 10 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- 1/4 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Cut tofu crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place tofu between paper towels until barely moist. Cut slices crosswise into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu; sauté 5 minutes, browning on all sides. Add peanut sauce; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add sliced bok choy, squash, and onions; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add watercress and soy sauce; cook 1 minute or until the watercress is slightly wilted. Remove from heat.
- Place 1 cup noodles in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with about 1 1/4 cups vegetable mixture, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon peanuts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note