I loved this recipe! Full of flavor, easy to make and super low in carbs! I will be making this again. Next time, I will be adding pea pods, broccoli and maybe lemon grass!
Stir-Fried Shrimp with Garlic and Chile Sauce
A platter of succulent stir-fried orange-pink shrimp symbolizes gold coins (wealth) and good fortune for the coming year. Order fresh shrimp from the fishmonger; have it peeled and deveined while you shop for the rest of the menu.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.4g
- Protein: 35.4g
- Carbohydrate: 6.8g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.5mg
- Sodium: 371mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing (Chinese rice wine) or dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add canola oil to pan. Add shrimp to pan; stir-fry 1 minute or until shrimp begin to turn pink. Add garlic, ginger, and jalapeño; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in broth mixture; cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done and sauce is thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in onions and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note