Stir-Fried Shrimp and Onions Over Noodles
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 327
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 52.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 3 ounces uncooked cellophane noodles (bean threads) or 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon whiskey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 onions, sliced and separated into rings (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon sugar, whiskey, and soy sauce in a bowl, and add shrimp. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in 1 teaspoon sugar, broth, and 1 tablespoon ketchup, and cook 2 minutes. Remove onion mixture from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add the shrimp mixture and green onions, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 tablespoon ketchup. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done. Stir in onion mixture. Serve over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes