Stir-Fried Shrimp and Onions Over Noodles
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 327
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Protein: 19g
- Carbohydrate: 52.3g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 2.4mg
- Sodium: 317mg
- Calcium: 77mg
- 3 ounces uncooked cellophane noodles (bean threads) or 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon whiskey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 onions, sliced and separated into rings (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- Prepare noodles according to package directions; set aside.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon sugar, whiskey, and soy sauce in a bowl, and add shrimp. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in 1 teaspoon sugar, broth, and 1 tablespoon ketchup, and cook 2 minutes. Remove onion mixture from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add the shrimp mixture and green onions, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 tablespoon ketchup. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done. Stir in onion mixture. Serve over noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This