- 3 ounces uncooked cellophane noodles (bean threads) or 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon whiskey (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 pound peeled, deveined large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 onions, sliced and separated into rings (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- calories 327
- caloriesfromfat 13 %
- fat 4.7 g
- satfat 0.9 g
- monofat 1.1 g
- polyfat 2.1 g
- protein 19 g
- carbohydrate 52.3 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 129 mg
- iron 2.4 mg
- sodium 317 mg
- calcium 77 mg
How to Make It
Prepare noodles according to package directions; set aside.
Combine 1/2 teaspoon sugar, whiskey, and soy sauce in a bowl, and add shrimp. Cover and refrigerate.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced onions, and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in 1 teaspoon sugar, broth, and 1 tablespoon ketchup, and cook 2 minutes. Remove onion mixture from pan; keep warm.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in pan. Add the shrimp mixture and green onions, and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in 1 tablespoon ketchup. Cook 1 minute or until shrimp are done. Stir in onion mixture. Serve over noodles.