Stir-Fried Shrimp and Bok Choy
For a simple weeknight meal, toss together Stir-Fried Shrimp and Bok Choy. All you need for a balanced meal is tossed together in this one-dish dinner.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 456
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 24g
- Carbohydrate: 58g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Sodium: 669mg
- 3 cups instant brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine or cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 12 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy stalks (about 1 medium head)
- 1. Bring 2 1/2 cups water to boil in a large pot. Stir in rice and salt, cover, reduce heat to low and let cook until water has been absorbed, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir, cover, and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; cover again.
- 2. Whisk broth, soy sauce, rice wine, sesame oil and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- 3. Warm 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until just pink, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add remaining 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil to skillet along with ginger, garlic and scallions. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add bok choy and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4. Return shrimp to skillet and pour in soy sauce mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately, over rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes