Tasty for a south Beach type recipe. A little too much oil.
Stir-fried Pork and Long Beans
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Food Styling: Randy Mon
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 244
- Calories from fat: 60%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 8.7g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sodium: 314mg
- Cholesterol: 39mg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound long beans, trimmed and cut into 3-in. lengths
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1. Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp. oil, swirling to coat pan. Add beans; stir-fry until blistered and mostly tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer beans to a bowl.
- 2. Heat remaining 1 tbsp. oil in wok. Add pork and cook, stirring frequently to break up big pieces, about 2 minutes. Stir in sherry, soy sauce, and chili garlic sauce and cook until pork is no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Return beans to wok and stir-fry until hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes