Was excited to try this one. I prepped the meat and veggies earlier in the day so i could cook as soon as I got home. It is pretty good but is missing "something", not sure what. I did make 2 changes to suit our family: first, I used fettuccine because the kids wouldn't like the rice noodles and I added some chili garlic paste, just a teaspoon. Add that with the onions and garlic. That was just enough heat, maybe a bit too much for the 6yr old:).
Stir-Fried Pork, Snow Peas and Rice Noodles
Photo: Miki Duisterhof; Styling: Susan Vajaranant
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 369
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Sodium: 814mg
- 8 ounces wide (pad thai) rice noodles
- 8 ounces pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or cooking sherry
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely chopped
- 7 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 1. Place rice noodles in a bowl, cover with hot tap water, and let stand 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, allowing some water to cling to noodles.
- 2. Combine pork, 1 Tbsp. soy sauce and 1 Tbsp. rice wine in a bowl and toss to coat. Whisk together remaining 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, remaining 2 Tbsp. rice wine, broth, cornstarch and sesame oil in a medium bowl.
- 3. Warm vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Add garlic, ginger and scallions to skillet and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add snow peas and 1/2 cup water to skillet, cover and cook until just tender, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4. Add noodles, pork and chicken-broth mixture to skillet and cook, stirring, until noodles are heated through and coated, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This