I prefer my tofu more meaty so I stir fry it in olive oil first for about 5 minutes so that it gets golden brown. This way it toughens up and has much better texture. I don't bother to soak it in the soy sauce either. I used the tortilla from Costco that you cook yourself. They have a great texture for replacing the traditional pancake.
Stir-Fried Moo Shu Vegetable Wraps
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
Make Stir-Fried Moo Shu Vegetable Wraps for a healthy alternative to Chinese take-out.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 tortillas)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 455
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 16g
- Carbohydrate: 73.7g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 5.6mg
- Sodium: 877mg
- Calcium: 97mg
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 8 ounces reduced-fat firm tofu, drained and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 8 ounces mushrooms)
- 2 cups packaged broccoli coleslaw (such as River Ranch)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 cup (1/2-inch) diagonally cut green onions
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- Combine soy sauce and tofu in a small bowl. Combine mushrooms and next 5 ingredients (mushrooms through ginger) in a medium bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetables; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add tofu; stir-fry 1 minute. Stir in hoisin sauce and crushed red pepper; stir-fry for 1 minute or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stack tortillas; wrap in damp paper towels, and microwave at high for 25 seconds. Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons plum sauce over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with about 1/3 cup tofu mixture; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This