OMGoodness this was wonderful. I did like CoraGregoryPC because I had tomatoes and onions. I used toasted quinoa instead of rice because I am weird and not a huge fan of rice. OMGoodness just yummy! Oh and I like it will a little spice so I added chili pepper. I did not add the sugar but did use the oil.
Stir-fried Eggplant and Tofu
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 263
- Calories from fat: 55%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Sodium: 1170mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (18 oz.) firm tofu, drained, cut into 1 1/2- by 2-in. chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1- by 3-in. strips
- 1 small red or green bell pepper, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick frying pan over high heat, add tofu, and gently cook, turning tofu occasionally, until browned slightly, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer tofu to a plate.
- 2. Cook garlic, eggplant, and bell pepper in pan until softened, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Add soy sauce, sugar, and oyster sauce and cook until heated through, another 2 minutes. Return tofu to pan and gently stir to coat. Remove from heat and stir in basil leaves. Serve over rice.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This