One of the very best stir-fry dishes I've made--and I've made a lot of them. The sauce is delicious and the combination of ingredients just perfect. I kept the chicken in the pan while doing the vegetables, used three times as much ginger, and added some mushrooms and sambal olek (chile paste). Other than that, followed directions and it was delicious. The portion size given is too small for us, though, and my husband and I ate the whole thing.
Stir-Fried Chicken and Broccoli with Black Bean Sauce
While the chicken marinates, prepare the sauce and chop the vegetables. The rest of this stir-fried chicken dish goes together in minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 296
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Protein: 21.1g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 571mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- Remaining Ingredient:
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- To prepare chicken, combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, combine cornstarch and water in a medium bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup broth and next 4 ingredients (1/3 cup broth through sesame oil).
- To prepare stir-fry, heat vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color. Remove from pan. Add broccoli, bell pepper, and ginger; stir-fry 30 seconds. Stir in 3 tablespoons broth, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir sauce with a whisk until blended; add sauce and chicken mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and chicken is done. Serve over rice.
You can find jarred black bean sauce in the Asian-food sections of grocery stores or in Asian markets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note