- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese black bean-chile sauce--see Notes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 pounds Savoy cabbage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted whole cashews
How to Make It
In a bowl, mix the tomato paste, soy sauce, vinegar, black bean-chile sauce and 1/4 cup of water.
Heat the oil in a wok. Add the garlic and stir-fry over moderately high heat for about 30 seconds. Add the cabbage and stir-fry until just wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the sauce mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute. Serve topped with the cashews.
Serve With: Serve with barbecued spareribs--a natural for this Chinese-inspired dish.
Notes: Chinese black bean-chile sauce is available at Asian specialty stores and some supermarkets.