This is a very nice light alternative to chinese food.
Stir-Fried Beef with Broccoli and Bell Peppers
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 323
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 21.2g
- Carbohydrate: 35.2g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 273mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 pound broccoli
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1. Cut steak in half lengthwise. Cut each half across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Combine beef, soy sauce, garlic, and black pepper; toss well. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons water, oyster sauce, and crushed red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3. Cut broccoli into florets. Peel broccoli stems; cut stems diagonally into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 4. Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture to skillet; cook 3 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Transfer beef mixture to a bowl.
- 5. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons water; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add bell pepper; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return beef mixture to pan. Stir in the oyster sauce mixture; cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over rice.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note