Super Easy! Our family loved these. They were like a cross between biscuits, rolls, and corn muffins. (without the cornmeal taste.) They are super airy inside and have a good flavor. Specifically used White Lily Self Rising Flour, Land O Lakes unsalted butter, and 2 1/4 tsp Fleischmann's Instant Dry Yeast instead of Active Dry Yeast. (None of those ingredients should change the flavor much though.)
Stir-and-Bake Spoon Rolls
More From Southern Living
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (100° to 110°)
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine yeast and 2 cups warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in flour and remaining ingredients until blended. Spoon batter into 2 greased (12-cup) muffin pans. Bake for 13 minutes or until golden.
- Try This Twist! Miniature Spoon Rolls: Spoon batter into 2 greased (24-cup) miniature muffin pans*. Bake at 400° for 9 minutes or until golden. Makes 4 dozen. Hands-on Time: 15 min.; Total Time: 24 min.
- *4 (12-cup) miniature muffin pans may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Stir-and-Bake Spoon Rolls Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This