- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced onion (about 12 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup crumbled Stilton cheese
- 4 (2-ounce) French hamburger rolls, split
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- calories 393
- fat 15 g
- satfat 6.3 g
- monofat 6 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 28.3 g
- carbohydrate 35.3 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- cholesterol 75 mg
- iron 5.1 mg
- sodium 701 mg
- calcium 142 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan. Add sliced onion and 1/8 teaspoon salt; cook 18 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, beef, and next 4 ingredients; toss gently. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Top each patty with 1 tablespoon cheese during last 2 minutes of cooking.
Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill for 1 minute. Place bottom halves of rolls on 4 plates; top each serving with 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, 1 patty, 1/4 cup onion mixture, and 1 roll top.