Sticky Stout Barbecue Sauce
"Sticky" is a Kansas City barbecue (and Asian) term for thick and sweet sauces.
This recipe goes with Smoked Paprika Pork Roast with Sticky Stout Barbecue Sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (11.2-oz.) bottle stout beer
- 1 cup spicy barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup fig preserves
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1. Sauté onion in hot oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Gradually stir in beer. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Reduce heat to medium.
- 2. Stir in barbecue sauce and next 2 ingredients, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Note: We tested with Guinness Extra Stout beer and Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet 'n Spicy Barbecue Sauce.
Prep and cook sauce 3 days ahead. Cover and chill, and reheat when ready.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note