Sunset SEPTEMBER 1998
1. Rinse wings, drain, and cut apart at joints; reserve tips for other uses. Place remaining chicken in a single layer in a 10- by 15-inch nonstick pan.
2. Bake in a 400° oven until brown and crisp, about 1 hour, turning pieces occasionally with a wide spatula.
3. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, stir oil, garlic, and chilies until vegetables are limp, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pomegranate juice, cranberry juice, sugar, and vinegar. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Boil until reduced to 2/3 cup, about 15 minutes.
4. Drain and discard fat from chicken wings. Pour pomegranate sauce over wings and turn pieces with spatula. Bake until sauce thickens and sticks to wings, about 12 minutes, turning pieces often to prevent scorching.
5. Place wings on a platter. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Add salt to taste. Serve hot.
Nutritional analysis per main-dish serving.
Go to Full Version of