Sticky Chile Drumettes
If the skillet gets crowded, brown the chicken in batches.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.4g
- Sodium: 520mg
- 20 chicken drumettes, skinned
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (such as Mae Ploy)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1. Add water to a Dutch oven to a depth of 1 inch; bring to a simmer. Place chicken in a vegetable steamer. Place steamer in pan over water; cover. Reduce heat to medium-low. Steam, covered, 10 minutes. Remove chicken from steamer; cool. Pat dry.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; sauté 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Add green onions and ginger to pan; sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat; transfer chicken mixture to a large bowl using a slotted spoon.
- 3. Combine chili sauce, Sriracha, rice vinegar, and fish sauce, stirring well. Drizzle chili mixture over chicken; toss.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note