Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 package(s) active dry yeast (.25 ounce)
- 1/2 cup(s) warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- 5 1/2 cup(s) unbleached all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1/4 cup(s) butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cube(s) butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cube(s) raisins
- 2/3 cube(s) pecans (chopped)
- 1)In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. 2)Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes. 3)Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).4)Combine the yeast mixture with the buttermilk, eggs, 2 1/2 cups flour, 1/4 cup softened butter, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; stir well to combine.5) Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.6) Dough should remain soft and slightly sticky. 7)When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.8)Divide dough in half and roll each half into a 12x7 inch rectangle. 9)Spread each half with 1 tablespoon softened butter and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. 10) Roll up halves, beginning at wide side. 11)Seal well by pinching the seams.12)Cut each roll into 12 slices.13)Coat two 9 inch round cake pans each with 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons raisins and 1/2 cup chopped pecans. 14)Place 12 dough slices in each pan, leaving a small space between slices.15)Cover and let rise until doubled.16)Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes.17) Invert pans onto plates and serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note