My darling daughter-in-law made this for our Christmas brunch and I was so impressed!!!! Very easy to prepare (for her, anyway :o) and it was delicious. I am going to fix it for my own Christmas breakfast. Very very good! She did make two layers of bread in places, because the baking dish was crowded.
Sticky Bun French Toast
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 461
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Sodium: 418mg
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- About 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine
- 1 sourdough baguette (8 oz.), cut diagonally in 1-inch-thick slices
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1. Lightly butter a 9- by 13-inch pan. Lay baguette slices on a cut side in a single layer in pan, squeezing if needed to make them fit. In a blender or in a bowl with a whisk, whirl or beat eggs, half-and-half, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla to blend well. Pour egg mixture over bread to moisten evenly. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 or up to 24 hours.
- 2. In a 1- to 2-quart pan over medium heat, stir 1/4 cup butter with brown sugar, corn syrup, and pecans until butter melts. Uncover bread mixture and spread slices evenly with the butter mixture, using all of it.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, in a 350° oven until topping is browned and bubbly, about 45 minutes. Scoop portions into bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch