Sticky Bun Coffee Cake
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried figs, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup whole pitted dates, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (3
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 (16.3-ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Stir together first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until fruit is tender and mixture is thick and syrupy. Discard cinnamon stick. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour mixture into a greased 12-cup Bundt pan; set aside.
- Combine sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow dish. Cut biscuits into fourths, using kitchen shears. Dip biscuit pieces in melted butter; dredge in sugar mixture. Layer biscuits loosely over fruit mixture in pan.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes. Carefully invert cake onto a platter. Drizzle any remaining glaze over cake. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch