Stewed Squash and Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 clove(s) garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 8 leaves basil, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into eighths
- 1 pound(s) small yellow and green pattypan squash, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 10 minutes. Add squash and salt and cook, stirring occasionally until the squash begins to soften and brown, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Add 1 cup water, tomatoes and garlic to the skillet; stir to combine. Cook until liquid has reduced by a half and the squash is cooked through, about 5 more minutes. Stir in butter and basil and season with pepper to taste.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note