Very tasty side dish for Savory Pan-Fried Chicken with Hot Sauce (also from CL Jan/Feb 2014). Made as is, but would consider adding some red pepper flakes for heat next time we make this.
Stewed Collards contain no bacon fat (or even oil)—just tender greens in a small amount of unsalted chicken stock for a healthy side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 52
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 201mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 8 cups chopped collard greens
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add collard greens, chicken stock, sugar, and salt. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes or until very tender. Stir in vinegar.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine