Very tasty side dish for Savory Pan-Fried Chicken with Hot Sauce (also from CL Jan/Feb 2014). Made as is, but would consider adding some red pepper flakes for heat next time we make this.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 52
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Sodium: 201mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 8 cups chopped collard greens
- 2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add collard greens, chicken stock, sugar, and salt. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes or until very tender. Stir in vinegar.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note